This tutorial is a cryptojacking how-to detailing exactly what you need to setup an opt-in WordPress Coinhive miner for the Monero cryptocurrency.
The 4 basic steps are:
- Get a mymonero.com account.
- Get a coinhive.com account.
Get a mymonero.com account
- Navigate to https://mymonero.com.
- Create an account.
- Copy down your Private Login Key.
- Store your Address.
Private Login Key
- Navigate to https://coinhive.com/settings/sites.
- Copy the Site Key (public).
If you're using a WordPress site, there are WordPress plugins that should make this super easy to configure.
- Install the Ad Inserter WordPress plugin.
- In your WordPress Admin page, go to Settings > Ad Inserter.
- Set Automatic Insertion to Before Post.
- Set the Posts dropdown to Individually enabled. If you want the code on all posts, change this to Individually disabled.
- Click Save All Settings.
- Navigate to your post, scroll to the bottom, and enable it in the post.
Ad Inserter settings
Enable Ad Inserter