Netbooks generally lack CD or DVD drives, but installing Office 2010 Professional (or just about any software that comes on CD or DVD) only takes a few extra steps.
Here’s one way to do it…
Things you’ll need:
- Second computer with a CD or DVD drive.
- USB drive that has enough capacity to store the CD/DVD contents.
You’ll need a computer with a CD or DVD drive that can read your Office 2010 installation CD/DVD. Here’s what you do:
- Using the second computer, copy the contents of the CD/DVD to your USB drive.
- A trial version of Office came with my Acer Aspire One netbook. To get as clean an installation as possible, I uninstalled Office from my netbook first.
- Plug the USB drive into your netbook.
- Run the Office Setup file from your USB drive.
- Make sure you have the product key.
- Install, activate and enjoy your Office 2010 Professional installation!