I got an SMS a few days ago with a Get media content now hyperlink. Here’s how to view it.
If I press the hyperlink, the text appears to change for a moment like it’s downloading something, but then it plays a ding sound and the hyperlink returns.
This is an issue with receiving MMS messages and can be fixed by resetting your cellular network. My phone specifications are given below:
- Model: HTC T7575 (HTC Arrive)
- Software: Windows Phone 7.5
- OS version: 7.10.7720.68
- Firmware revision number: 2305.13.40301.651
Follow the steps below to fix the issue:
- Go to your Settings app.
- Select Cellular.
- Select Change prl.
- Allow your phone a few moments to search for the prl.
- After the search is complete, navigate back to the mysterious SMS.
- Select the Get media content now hyperlink.
The MMS content should now download, and all is again right in the world of Windows Phone.