What if working less actually increases productivity?
Itamar Turner-Trauring makes the case for working less in this month’s most highly-upvoted article.
Are you an old geek? Are twenty-something co-workers making you feel over the hill?
If you’ve ever been told that your age makes you a “poor cultural fit” for a company, then don’t miss IT veteran Tim Bray’s insightful article on Silicon Valley’s rampant ageism.
Entrepreneur John Wheeler also has an excellent follow-up article and solution for all old geeks out there. Check it out: oldgeekjobs.com.
We are also thrilled to have the creator of SQLite, Dr. Richard Hipp, break down the pros and cons of SQLite for us.
Lastly, a big welcome to our new subscribers! Thanks for reading Hacker Bits and remember, we are always here to help you learn more, read less and stay current!
In this month’s issue, you’ll read about:
- Less stress, more productivity, Itamar Turner-Trauring
- The cost of forsaking C, Ozan Onay
- Why learning Angular 2 was excruciating, Liz Bennett
- On DRY and the cost of wrongful abstractions, Vlad Zelinschi
- Not Just Any Old Geek, John Wheeler
- Lessons learned from software rewrites, Alex Martins
- Old geek, Tim Bray
- Appropriate uses for SQLite, Richard Hipp
Haven’t claimed your free digital subscription? Click the button below!