Hello from sunny (finally!) Redmond!
Can it really be June already?! Time does indeed fly…just ask Adrian Kosmaczewski who shows us how to navigate an industry littered with forgotten technologies and has-beens. Find out more in his blast-through-the-past account of “Life as a developer after 40.”
Curious about Progressive Web Apps? Then don’t miss this issue’s interview with Henrik Joreteg, expert on all things PWA, who gives us the lowdown on this exciting new mobile technology.
As always, our objective at Hacker Bits is to help readers like you learn and grow, and that’s why we are rolling out a new feature called Spotlight where we get tech experts to reveal their professional secrets.
Time is precious so let's dive into another wonderful issue of Hacker Bits!
Peace and plenty of ice cream!
If you’re having trouble viewing above, you can also download the PDF (~10MB).
If you like what you've read, join us and receive future digital issues for FREE. Click on the button below!
In this month's issue, you'll read about:
- Are Progressive Web Apps the future of the Internet? We chat with with Henrik Joreteg, a PWA expert who's been working with his clients to architect, build and train teams on building performant mobile web apps.
- Being a developer after 40, Adrian Kosmaczewski
- Develop the three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience, and hubris, Reginald Braithwaite
- 19 tips for everyday git use, Alex Kras
- When to rewrite from scratch: autopsy of a failed software, Umer Mansoor
- Clojure, the good parts, Allen Rohner
- Am I really a developer or just a good Googler?, Scott Hanselman
- 20 lines of code that will beat A/B testing every time, Steve Hanov
- Fingerprints are usernames, not passwords, Dustin Kirkland
- Implementers, solvers, and finders, Randall Koutnik
- It takes all kinds, Justin Etheredge
Tell us what you think. Leave a comment below, email us or find us on Twitter @hackerbits.
You can also grab a physical print copy over at MagCloud: Hacker Bits.
Haven’t claimed your free digital subscription? Click the button below!