Welcome to the last issue of 2023!
It’s challenging to keep up with so many great articles published every day. With so much going on these days, this issue is all about the best articles you may have missed this past year.
We’ve put together a collection of the top must-read articles of 2023!
From the team at Hacker Bits, we wish you a happy holidays and healthy new year!
– Ray and Maureen
- How to (and how not to) design REST APIs by Jeff Schnitzer
- Ask HN: Top 10 Timeless Software Books That Changed Life as Software Engineer?
- System Design 101
- The Most Powerful Law in Software by Thorsten Ball
- Books for Software Engineers in 2023 by Grant Isom
- Making Hard Things Easy by Julia Evans
- The worst programmer I know by Daniel Terhorst-North
- Scrum is a cancer by Santiago Valdarrama
- Man spends entire career mastering crappy codebase by Taylor
- Important Coding Habits by Daniel Davis
- Knuth’s 20 Questions for ChatGPT by Donald E. Knuth
- AI: First New UI Paradigm in 60 Years? by Jakob Nielsen
- There is no A.I. by Jaron Lanier
- Want an unfair advantage in your tech career? Consume content for other roles by Matthew Grohman
- Big Tech is using layoffs to crush worker power by Brian Merchant
Like what you read?