Welcome to issue 95 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering REST API design, becoming a graphics programmer, GDB, TDD, optimization, Scrum, OpenAI firing and so much more!
As always, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback! 🙂
– Ray and Maureen
- How to (and how not to) design REST APIs by Jeff Schnitzer
- How do I become a graphics programmer? by Lou Kramer, Rys Sommefeldt
- Ask HN: Top 10 Timeless Software Books That Changed Life as Software Engineer?
- Beej’s Quick Guide to GDB by Brian Hall
- Git Notes by Tyler Cipriani
- The big TDD misunderstanding by Oliver Wolf
- How to build trust as a new engineering manager by Jiovanni Rosario
- Four Kinds of Optimisation by Laurence Tratt
- Rob Pike’s Rules of Programming by Rob Pike
- Scrum is a cancer by Santiago Valdarrama
- OpenAI’s board has fired Sam Altman
- A coder considers the waning days of the craft by James Somers
- Open, rigorous and reproducible research: A practitioner’s handbook by Dallas Card, Yan Min, Stylianos Serghiou
- Lessons Learned from Twenty Years of Site Reliability Engineering by Adrienne Walcer, Kavita Guliani, Mikel Ward, Sunny Hsiao, and Vrai Stacey
- Giving a Shit as a Service by Allen Pike
Like what you read?