Welcome to issue 86 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering large language models, galactic algorithms, Pandas, interviews, layoffs, CRDTs, small databases, remote work, and so much more!
As always, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback! 🙂
- Ray and Maureen
Claim your subscription!
- Email: Explained from first principles by Kaspar Etter
- Galactic Algorithm
- Do Large Language Models learn world models or just surface statistics? by Kenneth Li
- A Gentle Introduction to CRDTs
- Pandas Illustrated: Visual Guide to Pandas by Lev Maximov
- Big data is dead by Jordan Tigani
- Maybe people do care about performance and reliability by Hillel Wayne
- The future (and the past) of the web is server side rendering by Andy Jiang
- Subverting the software interview by Naomi Liu
- The magic of small databases by Tom Critchlow
- Physical buttons outperform touchscreens in new cars, test finds by Fredrik Diits Vikström
- Hard truths I learned when I got laid off from my SWE job by Steven Buccini
- Big Tech is using layoffs to crush worker power by Brian Merchant
- Why is remote work seen as a gift? by Colm Doyle
- Programming AIs worry me by Hillel Wayne
Tell us what you think. Leave a comment below, email us or find us on Twitter @hackerbits.
Like what you read?