Welcome to issue 85 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering software engineering books, databases, ChatGPT, analyzing logs, software estimation, Copilot, challenging algorithms, and so much more!
As always, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback! 🙂
- Ray and Maureen
Claim your subscription!
- Everything I wish I knew when learning C by Tom Mewett
- Challenging algorithms and data structures every programmer should try by Austin Z. Henley
- Copilot Internals by Parth Thakkar
- Books for Software Engineers in 2023 by Grant Isom
- Ask HN: Books about full text search?
- Tips for analyzing logs by Julia Evans
- Twenty five thousand dollars of funny money by Rachel Kroll
- "Laws" of software estimation for complex work by Maarten Dalmijn
- Just Say No by Jeff Geerling
- Falsehoods programmers believe about undefined behavior by Predrag Gruevski
- Ask HN: Reading material on how to be a better software engineer?
- I/O is no longer the bottleneck by Ben Hoyt
- Databases in 2022: A Year in Review by Andy Pavlo
- ChatGPT won't replace search engines any time soon by Dustin Coates
- How fast is ASP.NET Core? by Dustin Moris Gorski
Tell us what you think. Leave a comment below, email us or find us on Twitter @hackerbits.
Like what you read?