Welcome to issue 82 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering Wine, cleaner code, history of ARM, aging progammers, sprints, corpspeak, TypeScript, Rust, taking breaks, layoffs and so much more!
As always, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback! 🙂
- Ray and Maureen
Claim your subscription!
- How Wine works 101 by Andy Hippo
- Learning Is Remembering by Petros Christodoulou
- Want cleaner code? Use the rule of six by David Amos
- A history of ARM, part 1: Building the first chip by Jeremy Reimer
- A Review of Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps by Keunwoo Lee
- I don't believe in sprints by Robin Rendle
- Aging programmer by Jorge Manrubia
- First make the change easy, then make the easy change by Adam Tal
- Take a break by Robin Rendle
- On Corpspeak by Andre Cooper
- Your online identity is owned by your email provider by Daniel Aleksandersen
- How much have tech layoffs affected engineers vs. other departments? by Aline Lerner
- Ten Years of TypeScript by Daniel Rosenwasser
- Ask HN: Is Substack the new Medium?
- Rust 2024 the Year of Everywhere? by Niko Matsakis