Welcome to issue 80 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering data structures, SQLite, prioritizing, difficult problems, SPAs, microservices, UTF-8 and so much more!
As always, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback! 🙂
- Ray and Maureen
- Ask HN: What are some cool but obscure data structures you know about?
- SQLite Internals: Pages and B-trees by Ben Johnson
- How UTF-8 Works by Seth Michael Larson
- Want to start hacking? by Heather Simpson
- What Every Programmer Absolutely, Positively Needs To Know About Encodings by David C. Zentgraf
- When everything is important but nothing is getting done by Roman Kudryashov
- Being swamped is normal and not impressive by Greg Kogan
- How to drive away your best engineers by Podge O'Brien
- How individual contributors get stuck by Camille Fournier
- Mental Model: Difficult Problems vs. Hard Work by Ben Congdon
- The balance has shifted away from SPAs by Nolan Lawson
- Coding as a greybeard
- The collapse of complex software by Nolan Lawson
- Famous HNers and their sites by Jessime Kirk
- You Don't Need Microservices by Matthew Spence
Like what you read?