Welcome to issue 66 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering SSDs, lessons from outages, senior engineer skills, microservices, early career mistakes, and so much more!
As always, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback! 🙂
- Ray and Maureen
- Leaky Abstractions by Eric Lawrence
- What every programmer should know about SSDs by Viktor Leis
- Complexities of e-mail validation logic by Jan Schaumann
- Advanced console.log Tips and Tricks by Liad Shiran
- Seven Lessons from Ten Outages by Tom Kleinpeter and Jamie Turner
- An incomplete list of skills senior engineers need, beyond coding by Camille Fournier
- Don't Feed the Thought Leaders by Adam Gordon Bell
- Always Be Quitting by Julio Merino
- Ask HN: Feeling guilty for doing the bare minimum at work
- Ask HN: What huge mistake did you make early in your career?
- Stack Overflow sold to Prosus for $1.8B by Ben Dummett
- Building a personal website in 2021 by Michał Kosmulski
- Disasters I've seen in a microservices world by João Alves
- Internal competition can often be the most dangerous kind by Mad Ned
- Are We Really Engineers? by Hillel Wayne
Like what you read?