Welcome to issue 64 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering learning complex things, problem solving, PWAs, bad software, Rust and so much more!
As always, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback! 🙂
– Ray and Maureen
- SQLite is not a toy database by Anton Zhiyanov
- Idempotence now prevents pain later by Eric Lathrop
- How to Learn Complex Things Quickly: A Guide by Chris Baldauf
- A developers guide to HIPAA compliance
- Is Parallel Programming Hard, and, If So, What Can You Do About It? by Paul E. McKenney
- Ask HN: What tech job would let me get away with the least real work possible?
- Embrace the Grind by Jacob Kaplan-Moss
- Adding is favoured over subtracting in problem solving by Tom Meyvis, Heeyoung Yoon
- Software designers, not engineers: An interview from alternative universe by Tomas Petricek
- Read from Databases, Write to APIs by Anthony Accomazzo
- Google’s copying of the Java SE API was fair use [pdf]
- Shitty Software Kills People by Paolo Valdemarin
- Rust is for Professionals by Gregory Szorc
- Progressive Web Apps Are Competing with the Apple App Store by Jared Newman
- Your AI skills are worth less than you think by Ryszard Szopa
Like what you read?