Welcome to issue 57 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering degoogling, API design, Unicode, crypto, cybernetics, staying motivated and so much more!
As always, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback! 🙂
– Ray and Maureen
- Monitoring demystified: A guide for logging, tracing, metrics by Mitch Pronschinske
- Ask HN: Suggestions for books about API design?
- Unicode in five minutes by Richard Harris
- So you want to roll your own crypto? by Thai Duong
- A Software Engineers Guide to Cybernetics by Marianne Bellotti
- Attention is your scarcest resource by Ben Kuhn
- Moving your SSH port isnt security by obscurity by Daniel Miessler
- Traits of good remote leaders by Arianne Cohen
- How I stay motivated working on my long-term project by Ivaylo Durmonski
- Rewriting the Technical Interview by Kyle Kingsbury
- Degoogle: Cutting Google out of your life (updated 2020) by Josh Moore
- Linux Journal Is Back
- We need young programmers; We need old programmers by Mark Seemann
- US bans WeChat, TikTok from app stores, threatens shutdowns by Tali Arbel, Matt O’Brien and Matt Ott
- Remote work is not necessarily a good thing for the worker by Sean Blanda
Like what you read?