Welcome to issue 53 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering self-study, career advice, port scanning, Kafka, improving your developer efficiency and so much more!
As always, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback! 🙂
– Ray and Maureen
- Things I wished more developers knew about databases by Jaana Dogan
- Ask HN: How do you manage self-study?
- For Donald Knuth, good coding is synonymous with beautiful expression by Susan D’Agostino
- What every software engineer should know about Apache Kafka by Michael G. Noll
- An introduction to RabbitMQ by Gabor Olah
- Write Libraries, Not Frameworks by Brandon Smith
- Career advice for people with bad luck
- Rules of thumb for a 1x developer by Mickey Muldoon
- Ask HN: What are your favorite developer-efficiency tips?
- Ask HN: Do kids drag your career down?
- Twitter Will Allow Employees to Work at Home Forever by Alex Kantrowitz
- Why Is This Website Port Scanning Me? by Charlie Belmer
- Ask HN: Is there still a place for native desktop apps?
- A look at modern PHP by John Coggeshall
- WeChat Surveillance Explained by Miles Kenyon
Like what you read?