Welcome to issue 52 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering D3, overcoming mental laziness, protobuffers, rediscovering the joy of programming and so much more!
As always, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback! 🙂
– Ray and Maureen
- Ask HN: I’m a software engineer going blind, how should I prepare?
- Learn D3 by Mike Bostock
- Ask HN: How to rediscover the joy of programming?
- The History of Git by Andy Favell
- Get started with computer science papers
- Ask HN: How do I overcome mental laziness?
- Algorithms Interviews: Theory vs. Practice by Dan Luu
- You’re not writing code, you’re solving problems by Raul Tabacu
- When debugging, your attitude matters by Julia Evans
- 5:01 Developers, Family, and Excitement about the Craft (2007) by Scott Hanselman
- GitHub is now free for teams by Nat Friedman
- What does a Director of Engineering do? by Sha Alibhai
- State of Software Engineering in 2020 by Teoman Soygul
- Ask HN: Do you ask to see the codebase before taking a job?
- Protobuffers Are Wrong by Sandy Maguire
Like what you read?