Welcome to issue 50 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering improving productivity, web scraping, more about clean code, database sharding and so much more!
As always, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback! 🙂
- Ray and Maureen
- How These Things Work - A book about CS from first principles by Sandy Maguire
- Learn Just a Little Awk by Greg Grothaus
- Event-Driven Architecture by Pradeep Loganathan
- Gears by Bartosz Ciechanowski
- Database sharding explained in plain English by Craig Kerstiens
- Minimalism - An undervalued development skill
- Improving my productivity as a working programmer by Mateus Salvador Alberghini
- The Economics of Clean Code by Frederick Vanbrabant
- Code Less, Engineer More by Liz Fong-Jones
- Software is about people, not code by Dan Moore
- Congrats! Web scraping is legal! (US precedent)
- The EARN IT Act: how to ban end-to-end encryption without banning it by Riana Pfefferkorn
- Google is not a search engine, but an ad engine by David Heinemeier Hansson
- The Cowardice of Brave by Matthew Butterick
- The future of the web isn't the web by Terence Eden
Like what you read?