Welcome to issue 49 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering clean code, procrastination, SQL indeces, today’s top tech skills for 2020 and so much more!
As always, we would love any suggestions or feedback, so hit reply and let us know. 🙂
– Ray and Maureen
- Why databases use ordered indexes but programming uses hash tables by Evan Jones
- Learning to code vs. learning to automate by Erik Dietrich
- Learning hardware programming as a software engineer by Malte Vrampe
- Ask HN: What are the best computing-related videos you’ve watched recently?
- How a SQL database works by Cal Paterson
- Goodbye, Clean Code by Dan Abramov
- Tricks to start working despite not feeling like it
- The No Code Delusion by Alex Hudson
- It is perfectly OK to only code at work, you can have a life too by Marty Jacobs
- My guiding principles after 20 years of programming by Alex Ewerlöf
- Ask HN: What Technologies to Learn in 2020?
- How tracking pixels work by Julia Evans
- Cutting Google out of your life (2019) by Joshua Moore
- Todays Top Tech Skills by Andrew Flowers
- What is Rust and why is it so popular? by Jake Goulding
Like what you read?