Welcome to issue 44 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month about building good software, modern web development, a tech interview handbook, getting started with machine learning and so much more!
As always, we would love any suggestions or feedback, so hit reply and let us know. 🙂
– Ray and Maureen
- Algorithms, by Jeff Erickson by Jeff Erickson
- Alan Kay’s answer to “what are some forgotten books programmers should read?” by Alan Kay
- How to Start with Machine Learning by Radek Fabisiak
- Code Reviews: A Layered Workflow by Connor Finley
- The Harmful Consequences of the Robustness Principle
- How to Build Good Software by Li Hongyi
- What Does a Coder Do If They Can’t Type? by Naomi Saphra
- Get your work recognized: write a brag document by Julia Evans
- It is perfectly OK to only code at work, you can have a life too
- Ten Principles for Growth as an Engineer by Dan Heller
- Why is modern web development so complicated? by Victoria Kirst
- Tech Interview Handbook by Yangshun Tay
- I wasn’t getting hired as a data scientist, so I sought data on who is by Hanif Samad
- Ask HN: Why is .NET not popular with startups?
- The Technical Side of the Capital One AWS Security Breach by J Cole Morrison
Like what you read?