Welcome to issue 38 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering programming bubbles, hacker tools, 4-day weeks, interviewing and so much more!
As always, we would love any suggestions or feedback, so hit reply and let us know. 🙂
– Ray and Maureen
- Programming paradigms for dummies: what every programmer should know by Adrian Colyer
- Interactive SICP by Li Xuanji
- Show HN: Learn React fundamentals by Ganesh Bhattarai
- MIT Hacker Tools: a lecture series on programmer tools by Anish Athalye, Jon Gjengset and Jose Javier
- Ask HN: How do you get over the initial fear of learning something hard or new?
- What makes a great software engineer, great by Sebastian Martinez
- Design Patterns for Managing Up by Kate Matsudaira
- On Being a Principal Engineer by Silvia Botros
- SQL: One of the most valuable skills by Craig Kerstiens
- Four-day week trial: study finds lower stress but no cut in output by Robert Booth
- The State of Web Browsers – 2019 edition by Ferdy Christant
- Microsoft changed how it interviews software developers by Rosalie Chan
- Are We in the Middle of a Programming Bubble? by Jake Wilson
- Professional Software Development by Mike G. Miller
- Bye, Bye, Google by Bogdan Popa
Like what you read?