Welcome to issue 33 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering teaching yourself, software design, systems programming, minimalism, and so much more!
As always, we would love any suggestions or feedback, so hit reply and let us know. 🙂
– Ray and Maureen
- How to teach yourself hard things by Julia Evans
- Notes on “A Philosophy of Software Design” by Will Larson
- What Is Systems Programming, Really? by Will Crichton
- Ask HN: What topics/subjects are worth learning for a new software engineer?
- How to Become a Better Software Developer: A Handbook on Personal by Tyler Hakes
- Ask HN: Codebase at my work is a complete mess, what should I do?
- Manifesto for Minimalist Software Engineers by Pablo Guevara C.
- The Servers Are Burning by Dale Markowitz
- How to fail as a new engineering manager by Brad Armstrong
- Am I Happy At Work? Analyzing my entire career
- Google wants websites to adopt AMP as the default for building webpages
- EU approves internet copyright law, including ‘link tax’ and ‘upload filter’ by James Vincent
- Linus Torvalds apologizes for his behavior, takes time off by Linus Torvalds
- You Think the Visual Studio Code Binary You Use Is Open Source? Think Again by Carl Chenet
- Is “data scientist” the new “programmer”? by Philip Greenspun
Like what you read?