Welcome to issue 28 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great selection of articles this month covering programming style, AWS, the talent myth, 100X engineers and the end of Windows.
If you're a data science fan, make sure to check out our Top 10 data mining algorithms in plain English.
As always, we'd love any suggestions or feedback, so hit reply and let us know. 🙂
– Ray and Maureen
- Message-Oriented Programming by Joe Forshaw
- Ask HN: What are the best MOOCs you've taken?
- Exercises in Programming Style by Henrik Warne
- AWS Explained: The Basics by Mijndert Stuij
- Organizational Skills Beat Algorithmic Wizardry by John D. Cook
- Only code at work? That doesn’t make you a worse programmer by Itamar Turner-Trauring
- Avoid Else, Return Early by Tim Oxley
- The programming talent myth by Jake Edge
- A Taxonomy of Technical Debt by Bill Clark
- The Effective Tech Lead Is a 100x Engineer by Leonard Souza
- Technological Unemployment: Much More Than You Wanted to Know by Scott Alexander
- Quit Social Media, Your Career May Depend on It by Cal Newport
- The End of Windows by Ben Thompson
- Why is everyone so busy?
- The Declining Value of a CS Master's Degree by John Regehr
Like what you read?