Welcome to issue 25 of Hacker Bits!
We have a great mix of articles this month ranging from Facebook misuse, programmer falsehoods, getting better at reading code, and much more!
In these coming months, we're also partnering with the folks at Skycoin to get you an inside look at this 3rd generation cryptocurrency. I hope you're as excited as we are. 🙂
As always, keep letting us know what you'd like to see more of or less of.
- Ray and Maureen
- Learn to Read Code by Kyle Sletten
- Reddit's favorite programming books, from 3.5B comments
- SQL Injection Wiki by NetSPI
- Ask HN: What was the best CS paper you read in 2017?
- Good books for deep hacks by Joe Nelson
- Falsehoods programmers believe about programming by Graham Lee
- Perceptions of Code Quality by Harald Störrle
- Hard and Soft Skills in Tech by Yonatan Zunger
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Job Hunt by Stephan Behnke
- Productivity in 2017: analyzing 225 million hours of work time by
- Programmers who want to change how we code before catastrophe strikes by James Somers
- If you care about diversity, don't just hire from the same five schools by Meena Boppana
- Dozens of Companies Are Using Facebook to Exclude Older Workers From Job Ads by Julia Angwin, Noam Scheiber and Ariana Tobin
- Ask HN: How do you stop yourself from stagnating?
- Ask HN: What are some good resources to learn about Crypto/Altcoins?
Like what you read?