Welcome to issue 24 of Hacker Bits!
2018 is just around the corner, and we hope you’re having a wonderful holiday season.
Reflecting on 2017, our 3 big wins for the year are:
- We moved to an email magazine/newsletter format.
- We hit the front page of Hacker News.
- We have a blog for unique pieces.
We have a bunch of ideas to try in 2018, so stay tuned! As always, if you have any suggestions or feedback, hit reply and let us know. 🙂
– Ray and Maureen
- The Senior Engineer’s Guide to Helping Others Make Decisions by Avleen Vig
- Ask HN: CS and programming books of 2017
- A beginner’s guide to getting started in the cryptocurrency world by Jimmy Odom
- Machine Learning 101 slidedeck: 2 years of headbanging, so you don’t have to by Jason Mayes
- REST is the new SOAP by Pakal De Bonchamp
- I have no side code projects to show you by Ezekiel Buchheit
- How awesome engineers ask for help by Greg Sabo
- A Year of Developer Journals with jrnl.sh by Rick Carlino
- What Makes a Great Software Engineer? (pdf) by Paul Luo Li, Andrew J. Ko, Jiamin Zhu
- The Case Against Reading Everything by Jason Guriel
- Software architecture is failing by Alex Hudson
- Ask HN: What are top promising technologies of tomorrow must get involved today?
- Annual survey of book recommendations by Julie Verhage
- F.C.C. Repeals Net Neutrality Rules by Cecilia Kang
Like what you read?