Welcome to the last issue of 2017!
It’s hard to keep up with so many great articles published online every day. There’s always a lot going on over at Hacker Bits. This issue is all about the best articles you may have missed this past year.
So we’ve put together a collection of the top must-read articles of 2017!
From the team at Hacker Bits, we wish you happy holidays, safe travels and hope you’re looking forward to a fantastic new year!
See you in 2018!
– Ray and Maureen
- “Learning How to Learn,” the most popular course on Coursera by John Schwartz
- There Are Three Programming Paradigms by Ward Cunningham
- Teach Yourself Computer Science by Ozan Onay and Myles Byrne
- Unconventional way of learning a new programming language by Sahil Dua
- Ways to Read More Books by Neil Pasricha
- How to Design Programs, Second Edition by Matthias Felleisen
- Five Key Mindsets That Separate Successful Programmers from Everyone Else by Edmond Lau
- The traits of a proficient programmer by Gregory Brown
- As a software engineer, what’s the best skill to have for the next 5-10 years? by Brian Knapp
- How I Became a Better Programmer by James Long
- Programmer Competency Matrix by Sijin Joseph
- Ask HN: What habits make a programmer great?
- A Guide to Crypto Currencies (NOTE: this guide does cryptojacking)
- Front-End Developer Handbook 2017 by Cody Lindley
- How to read more: Simple three-step system by Dean Yeong
- Best websites a programmer should visit by Sonkeng Maldini
- A collection of things software developers should know by Alexey Migutsky
- What every software engineer should know about search by Max Grigorev
Like what you read?