Welcome to issue 21 of Hacker Bits!
Also, a hearty welcome to the new readers from Hacker News! 🙂
One of our articles was submitted to Hacker News, and we ended up on the front page of Hacker News. A big thank you to Patrizio who submitted our article!
Back to our normal program...
You're likely starting to see some new blog posts on the Hacker Bits blog. We've started to migrate some of Ray's blog posts to Hacker Bits. Eventually, we'll combine the two communities into one single community.
Once again, a ton of great articles this month. As always, let us know what you think and like (or don't like). Enjoy the new issue!
- Ray and Maureen
- “Learning How to Learn,” the most popular course on Coursera by John Schwartz
- Software Engineering ≠ Computer Science by Chuck Connell
- What's Functional Programming All About? by Li Haoyi
- Ask HN: What books have made the biggest impact on your mental models?
- A collection of things software developers should know by Alexey Migutsky
- Experienced Programmers Use Google Frequently by Umer Mansoor
- How to Interview Engineers by Ammon Bartram
- Why I'm not a React Native developer by Ariel Elkin
- Write Less Code by Umer Mansoor
- How to Recognize Burnout Before You’re Burned Out by Kenneth Rosen
- We analyzed thousands of interviews on everything from language to code style by Aline Lerner
- The Hard Thing About Software Development by Jesse Watson
- Data Structures for Coding Interviews by Parker Phinney
- Sublime Text 3.0 by Jon Skinner
Like what you read?