Ah, spring is finally here (in Redmond)… but who’s got time to smell the flowers, right?
In this jam-packed issue of Hacker Bits, we’ve brought in venture capitalist Patrick McGinnis and asked him some hard questions about becoming an entrepreneur on the side while working full-time.
There’s no question that times are tough in Silicon Valley these days, but Heidi Roizen has some solid advice for how startups can stay alive when venture capital dries up. As if life isn’t hard enough for startups, Jeff Atwood shows us how the mentality to hire only the best candidates can be hindering their prospects of getting ahead of the pack.
But no worries, life is not all gloom and doom. Don’t believe us, just check out Alexander Hogue’s hilarious account of how he figured out when his Facebook friends were asleep and awake.
And when you are done perusing this issue, don’t forget to check out the awesomeness of our revamped site at hackerbits.com! As always, drop us a line at our site if you like/dislike anything we are doing… or if you just want to chat!
See y’all next month!
In this month’s issue, you’ll read about:
- Graphing when your Facebook friends are awake, Alexander Hogue
- Dear Startups: Here’s how to stay alive, Heidi Roizen
- How I sold my Bible app company, Trevor McKendrick
- Building a startup in 45 minutes per day while deployed to Iraq, Matt Mazur
- curl vs Wget, Daniel Stenberg
- Work for only 3 hours a day, but everyday, Non Umemoto
- MentalHealthError: An exception occurred, Kenneth Reitz
You can also grab a physical print copy over at MagCloud: Hacker Bits, April 2016.
Haven’t claimed your free digital subscription? Click the button below!